Skip to main content
Main Content

of wolves and writers

Posted 2024-08-23 11:38:16
I'm doing especially well today because it's payday! I have calculated that I can accomplish my 5-year plan in half that time if all goes according to plan.

Also, if I can just advertise shamelessly for a moment... Six of my new puppies need new homes! They have stats suited for stalking, chasing, and even leading. With 600+ total birth stats, they can make valuable members for any pack. And just look at those natural-looking coats. Gorgeous! All six are marked with "Sell" in their footnote and have no clan-style name. They wean tomorrow, so reserve yours before it's too late!

spotpc

Posted 2024-08-24 13:09:03
I really need to get more into this site again but it's been hard. My cat recently and that was a horrible day (bad day at work and the power went out). Parental unit emailed me laughing at me over that (... Parent of the year, right there) and honestly I've not had the energy between work and the slow rise of sadness to come on as often as i want to. I want to, though. I wanna develop their stories more.

Life ain't easy but at least I'm not alone.

It's his birthday! His uncle is down and they've been having fun. Currently I've been hiding in his parents' room watching YouTube because I'm an introvert who can't do too many people at once.

thesacredorchard

Posted 2024-08-27 06:09:39
I've had to take a brief hiatus because we adopted a new puppy and I've been trying to prep my space for a second dog and help her adjust. She's a shelter dog so she has some trauma and I've been spending a lot of time with her to help her feel as comfortable as I can.
River 🏳️‍⚧️

Posted 2024-08-27 06:11:12
Apple, that's awful! I'm sorry about your loss, and your parents being kinda jerks. Let me know if there's any way I can support you
River 🏳️‍⚧️

Posted 2024-08-29 04:14:24
@Apple
I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope your parents leave you alone about that. And I understand the introvert thing, totally. I'm an omnivert (extremely introvert in some situations but very extrovert in others), but I'm pretty introvert when it comes to fanily parties, too.

I didn't roll for 3 days (gosh I missed Wolvden, y'all know I'm an active player) because Freddy, my last rat, passed away on Monday.... (I don't like using emojis for something like that, it just doesn't express such things rightly)
I was all day at my cousin's house after that, and yesterday and the day before yesterday, I was all afternoon at my grandmother's house with my cousin, so I figured rolling wouldn't be worth it.

@River
I hope she adjusts soon, I bet you'de a wonderful dog parent!
What's her name if I may ask?

Midnight

Posted 2024-08-29 10:40:57
Oh no! It seems like everyone's losing their pets! Is there anything I can do to help? :(
River 🏳️‍⚧️

Posted 2024-08-29 13:00:06
Thanks a lot River, but it's alright....like, I do feel empty inside when I enter my room and he's not there, and I often want to cut him some cucumber or something in the evening, and then realise. But I've experienced this a lot before and I know it will get bettee eventually, even though it won't stop hurting when I see one of my littke friends in a picture or something.
I wasn't even there when Freddy was euthanized (I was in school), and I feel bad....my mother told me that might happen, and I sang him his favourite song ("Dear Theodosia" from Hamilton (a really cute song) I changed the lyrics to fit for him) in the morning before I left. I'm so glad I took the time for that, I would've never forgiven myself otherwise.

Midnight

Posted 2024-09-03 14:14:13
That song is very sweet. It will get better, but man, does healing hurt.
River 🏳️‍⚧️

Posted 2024-09-03 21:38:41
I just love that song. Really sad though that in the musical, Hamilton's all like "I have a son! ", and Eliza is just standing in the door threshold (threshhold?) midsong, and after Dear Theodosia, she's immediately like "your best friend is dead"

The fact that healing hurts is actually is so ironic and so true.

Midnight

Posted 2024-09-05 14:31:38
It is.

Off-topic, but I finally got around to responding to our border thread.
River 🏳️‍⚧️

Search Topic