Skip to main content
Main Content

Show password button

Show password button
Posted 2024-07-26 17:53:38
This is my first time making a post on this forum so lmk if I've done it wrong lol.

I think it would be really useful to add a button on the login screen to let you see what you've already typed into the password box.
I had to re-login to my account recently so naturally I had to type my password out. I am heavily dyscalculic and one thing that it affects badly is my ability to visualise patterns, this is obviously the worst with numbers but it does also apply to letters too. Having a password box that dots out what I'm typing with no way to un-dot it for a sec to check what I've written makes it very confusing for me because I basically forget which number/letter I typed last. So I end up re-typing my password multiple times bc I think I made an error, or I type it into a textbox I can see and then paste it into the password box.

I would greatly appreciate having a little eye button to show what I've typed. It's definitely not a necessity but it would make logging in a whole lot easier for people like me and I can't imagine it'd be a particularly difficult thing to add.

That's all, thanks for reading.

Canis-Beanz

Posted 2024-07-27 04:24:21
I just checked the 'remember me' button but that was because of me having to retype my 12 character password multiple times because I always make typos! This would be really useful. Supporting!

VOCALOID

Posted 2024-09-17 15:03:44
✅ It's often a general option and for safety reason they can put that button on a few seconds timer so that when you click it it goes back to dots after a few seconds OR a hold button, it's undotted as long as you're pressing the button to unmask the password. These measures are in case you forget it open and take a screenshot by accident or for whatever other reason. It's a tiny backup safety.

100% support
Fyn [HTTYW]

Search Topic