Skip to main content
Main Content

♡ Draco Vulpes Adoptables! ♡

Posted 2024-09-08 12:59:13 (edited)
So with that in mind, what's a fair thing still? Basic designs are easy with linework already in place for customs. I'd think that would be the easier aspect of customs to lower the price on?

Because in basic terms customs with simple designs are the same amount of work for me as the eggs, so if anything those seem more than fair to lower the price on?

FieryPhoenix

Posted 2024-09-08 13:00:47
The prices arent set yet so now its still time for people to say what they think, then its up to fiery what she wanna do with the info, once the prices it set then its set

🧸TheMoonWolf🧸

Posted 2024-09-08 13:02:21
I agree with Skitter's outlook on all of this, because, well, premium.
It's a special thing that can be requested for those who can afford it.

Perhaps you can have a price scale based on the features? Such as, maybe mutations cost an extra 100-200 SC?
Or pattern requests cost some extra?
Extra linework 100% should be extra lol

But basing it on perhaps rarity or how visually interesting certain traits are?

✨ Pinecone 🌲

Posted 2024-09-08 13:06:08
Kinda like how Meri said with a case by case basis, if Rainy is say ordering a fox inspired one, default fox, with a fox tail, existing wings, and existing horns, that's super easy for me in workloads, I'm totally cool with lowering the price for simple designs, but raising it for more complex designs

Because simple is no different than making the eggs which I am solid on for prices. I could change certain aspects to be more, double tails for instance take me longer for obvious reasons xD but bobbed, dragon, and fox are easy

FieryPhoenix

Posted 2024-09-08 13:06:57 (edited)
I do agree with Skitters though, custom Vixons are not a priority item for any established Vixon owner, and like, at best I can see offering new players who missed egg drops a discount on one to get their first Vixon, which is exactly what helped me get started here.

I don't think the proposed Customs pricing is too much, and I don't think the "it goes up with every custom you order" is a very... optimal way of doing anything. That sounds like a bunch of lists to keep track of, and just generally puts way more work on Fiery, Skitters, and Freezer to try and keep everything organized and moving.

Unfortunately I have to say, custom Vixons aren't a necessity, and if someone decides that they have to have a very specific custom made, it should probably cost a considerable amount more than a pre-made Vixon. I know I'm probably speaking from a pretty privileged place, having 2 very custom Vixons myself, but I want to say that I paid at least 3GC for Mambo to be made (Fiery please correct me if I'm wrong!!) And if I didn't pay that much, it was the bare minimum that I SHOULD have paid, in my own opinion.

Jackalope (Jack) Light ON

Posted 2024-09-08 13:07:59
At the end of the day I argued on price raises because I still wanted them accessible, but I am listening now when people say I do a lot of work in some cases that could be lowered by making them more premium

Custom linework is premium, complex designs is premium

Simple colours and not complex designs are simple and easy

FieryPhoenix

Posted 2024-09-08 13:09:31 (edited)
Jack I think you paid like 5 In total that day haha I am one to give out free customs, I have done it for a few people here <3

Rainy even had a free custom for her first as well

FieryPhoenix

Posted 2024-09-08 13:13:26
I say 100% customs 5 BASE

ACSkitters

Posted 2024-09-08 13:14:37
I could do a raffle for a custom every couple of weeks? For a free custom? People can choose to be added to it or not? (Down skitters down) I know your opinion on this xD

FieryPhoenix

Posted 2024-09-08 13:22:18
*Barks*

ACSkitters

Search Topic