Skip to main content
Main Content

Development Update #29

Posted 2024-08-31 10:54:30
Whitetail Spots and Vixen Points have to be my favorite this time <3
QultLeader

Posted 2024-08-31 10:55:51
OMG, the new markings look amazing! And congrats to the players whose suggestions got added!

⛺Campbell🔔 Cat🐈L-ON!

Posted 2024-08-31 11:04:46
I love this! Vixen points, arapawa coat, and Sakiz mask are my favs. I want even MORE new NBW marks!!!
⛧Kendon (they/them)⛧

Posted 2024-08-31 11:09:36 (edited)
WHITETAIL MARKINGS!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE they look so adorable!!!!!!!
Edit: I just got the achievement!

🌙ʍօօռȶɦɛաօʟʄ🌙

Posted 2024-08-31 11:46:22
I love all the markings, love the whitetail and vixen

Sunny

Posted 2024-08-31 12:25:45
I have one with the new sakiz mask marking

🤡American Idiot🤡[L: ON]

Posted 2024-08-31 12:31:05
Omg News new markings oh wow!

🦚Blueheart🦚 (L: ON)

Posted 2024-08-31 16:43:50 (edited)
Kookiez, I also picked the option that I wish not to have combo markings added but for different reasons:

1. I actually would like the combo shades added as well as new marking shapes but I strongly dislike releasing old sets again that goes against the word that these sets only get released for all at once during real life Lunar event.

The best solution from player perspective I find releasing new sets regularly as it is now but also releasing combos and new marking shapes to existing apps but thia would mean double work for the artists. Another one would be simply pausing adding new sets for combos and new shapes without releasing the apps in Lunar Shoppe but it would be weird and dissatisfying to have no apps in the Shoppe. A compromise would be releasing new sets extending their availability in the Shoppe from 2 months to 3 or 4 while releasing new combos and shapes in 3rd month onwards.

I would also like to see suggestions regarding other possible solutions to handle this and know whether the development team accepts one of those.

2. I found the poll manipulative and picked obviously less popular option. This is not the first time we find polls very subjective and biased but let's focus on the current one.

The first answer's extension sounds positively because of phrases "that sounds like a good way" and "refresh". Phrase "that sounds like a good way" sounds hopeful, optimistic and even if something goes bad, you're not charged with responsibility for picking this option because you had good intentions and everywolf would understand you. The word "refresh" never sounds negatively, it's about something coming back to life, trying to make something that has stopped working. In result, you pick an option that you hope something comes back to life, it sounds beautiful.

In contrast, the second answer's extension sounds negatively because of phrases "I like the" and "limited". Phrase "I like the" in context of being asked whether they should make certain decision sounds like you have selfish intentions. You're egoistic. How dare you picking this option just because of your likings? And "limited" very often sounds negatively especially "limited options" that never sounds good. Do you like restrictions in what you want to do? In result, if this option goes through, you'll be responsible for forcing other players to restrictions just because of your likings, you must be awful.

And how is it "limited" to regularly receive new sets but there's no mention of being "limited" with "Yes" option - if you pause new sets, you'll be limited to already existing sets. You won't get new apps, only your existing apps will get an upgrade. And we don't know how frequently we get new combo sets compared to regular sets released every 2 months excluding real life Lunar events.

And the question contains phrase "for a little while" which makes intended action sounds more harmless. Only for a little while, maybe 2 months and we'll be getting new sets again. Or 12 months or several years before we welcome new sets. Are you ready for this halt "for a little while"?

I don't find such kind of polls reflecting the actual community feedback. Players not acknowledged with the topic will very often instinctively pick positively sounding option, skewing the poll results in a way that is obvious before you pick the answer to see the results.

Dżanek

Posted 2024-08-31 16:56:26
Damn bro that's deep

🤡American Idiot🤡[L: ON]

Posted 2024-08-31 17:16:27
Came back from hiatus just in time for some near NBW markings! Looking forwards to finding them in Explore!

About the poll - yeah, it is very biased. I'm all for re-releasing the older colors/markings with new marking shapes, but not for the reasons stated. We have A LOT of Lunar bases/marking sets, and releasing/soft retiring one every two months is excessive, especially since they all share that ethereal/blue theming.

Also, as someone who frequently plays for a few months, then takes a few month break (whether to play Lioden or take a true hiatus from this style of site), I miss a lot of the bases completely. Plus, applicators can only be used once and bases don't pass easily, so even bases I have had the chance to get and use I might not have anymore and are thus competing with other bases during the special real-world lunar events, and it's not like you get enough Lunar Tears each month to stockpile them.

So yeah, I have reasons to click the "yes" button. But I do see the bias there. I hope the majority that I'm voting with are actually voting that way because they want the rereleases, too.

Before