Skip to main content
Main Content

Raise & Chase

Posted 2021-05-17 15:07:16

@Zαɱρα wolves that leave the pack due to neglect (starving or unhappy) do not go into the pool if left unclaimed for future reference ^_^

feather

Posted 2021-05-17 15:50:46

And to be fair, a lot of the potatoes in the pool are from rechased NBWs, chasing them as pups wasn't an option. But there are certainly potatoes that get raised and chased too (or slip under the radar and suddenly they're an adult, I've had that happen once or twice).

My eventual plan is to get enough den space to be able to offer to hold NBWs people are finding for testing or whatever it is they do so they don't get chased and potentially added to the pool, assuming nothing gets added before I can get that far. I've been in a bit of a frustration cycle of finding rechased NBWs on the rare occasion I find a chased and it's not a great feeling.

ChildOfTheDoes

Posted 2021-05-17 19:36:04

Anyone have space for 2 adolescents? I'm short on room lol

·˖˚ Rainii [L-On🕯️] ˚˖·

Posted 2021-05-17 19:37:32

For once, I have room for exactly two!  Send them over!  ^w^

Faeyne

Posted 2021-05-17 19:48:34

Thanks feather, good to know!!

As far as I know an nbw is automatically deleted when chased, so Im not sure if they can be "rechased". I heard that if you give up on befriending or fail on befriending a wolf, this one is deleted too, but I need to confirm this as well.

In big packs I know this might happen a lot, but why dont chase the potatos as soon they born? There were no reason to keep potatos before, now with the bear I get it, but potatos without combo markings or only tier 0 & 1 markings are still fodder, this will not change and they will never be as valueble than an hetero chased or an merle chased.

Zαɱρα

Posted 2021-05-17 19:54:11

I believe they did say in last dev update that re-chased NBWs now get deleted rather than being re-added to the pool!

Crickets 🦗

Posted 2021-05-17 19:54:48 (edited)

Just chased this guy.

This means that rechased nbw could be found before, makes sense.. 

Zαɱρα

Posted 2021-05-17 19:58:26

No, normal NBWs have the same potential of being added to the pool, it's just 'Chased' NBWs that get auto deleted after being chased again.  And yes, they do also get auto deleted after failing/leaving the Befriending.

There are plenty that don't care about such things and/or don't think about it. And then of course there's newbies that pop into the game not knowing better yet.  It's just gunna take time to change, especially when not everyone can afford the space required to starve out the adults they don't want (not taking in mind that there are people that can't bear to DO that sort of thing, even to pixel wolves)

Faeyne

Posted 2021-05-17 20:05:02

This means that even I leave the regular/game crated befriending wolf while befriending it can appears to other players again?

Zαɱρα

Posted 2021-05-17 20:11:33

If I'm understanding your question correctly (if I leave a befriending in a regular befriending encounter, will it appear again), the answer is no. Mostly no - since it is randomly generated, there's a chance another near identical or identical wolf could appear. But if the normal, not chased NBW is picked up and then later chased, it can reappear again. At least that's how I interpreted this bit from the news post, the bolded/underlined line. Chased will be deleted upon re-chase, standard generated NBWs will not be deleted upon chase.

"Additionally, we have made another change: the game will now silently begin recording whether the wolf you found in explore was chased or not, after the befriending screen. If the wolf itself was a chased wolf, it will not enter the pool to be found again if chased again. This will only apply to new chased wolves found after this news post kicks in."

ChildOfTheDoes

Search Topic