Skip to main content
Main Content

Chased Wolf Spotting!!!

Posted 2021-08-11 09:03:38
I think the reason Piasa is overlooked is precisely because of its intricacy. It's a rather annoying base to try to design with due to its natural "markings", and so we aren't really seeing a whole lot of them from design breeders, who then throw towards base breeders to feed the design demand, which in turn means there's not a whole lot for R&C from the dud designs.

OleanderOmen [Prev. Ori]

Posted 2021-08-11 09:05:14
@Saeginko It's fine, I understand the frustration at seeing people... well, frustrated. xD I don't think people should be super rude or mean, because that was at some point someone's pup they bred, or a beloved basic rechased (if you see a Gray with a faint red mask that looks like pink eyeshadow that's probably one of my first befriendeds, godspeed).

Yeah, I'm hoping some of the more rare T3's will start going through a IB->R&C->new bloodlines cycle. Serps, Piasa, even Grulla's are getting a bit bottlenecked.

I'm surprised Piasa isn't more liked either, with the unique markings that can still be realistic. They do seem a little hard to match a lot of markings to though, they start looking like a bad 70's kitchen with all the orange and yellow and brown. xD
Alex (Coyote)

Posted 2021-08-11 09:06:24
Just as a reminder, don't sway too much about the topic of chased sightings. We already had a mod comment on this thread not too long ago because the conversation went off the main reason of this thread: sightings of chased wolves. Don't take this the wrong way, I personally don't mind these discussions!

Ivalo

Posted 2021-08-11 09:09:17
I mean, this topic's directly about chased wolves though. That should be on-topic, right?

Gray with a faint red mask that looks like pink eyeshadow

That sounds absolutely hilarious. I need to find myself one of those. XD

Whirligig

Posted 2021-08-11 09:09:22
oh gosh, chased bronze is like my wet dream xD

i just found rechased sky with 3 marks hah still it's weird how often i see chased wolves lately. but i won't complain

FancySomeone

Posted 2021-08-11 09:11:15
Piasa and Grulla have built-in marks which can make them difficult to witk with, but Serpentine has an entirely different issue. Green is a relatively popular base, but we have khaki. Serpentine is Godiva, and khaki is Hershey's, both pretty good chocolate, but one is much cheaper than the other and almost identical in taste.

OleanderOmen [Prev. Ori]

Posted 2021-08-11 09:16:24
Oof don't say that my next stud is a new-line (found his mum chased a while back) Serp I would love to find a chased from among the more unusual bases though, like Piasa or Teardrop! Theyre a challenge to design with but so pretty.
Beth

Posted 2021-08-11 09:20:49
I used to forget Piasa existed tbh, to the point where I found one and didn't realise what it was until after befriending, despite it being glaringly obvious what base he is XD I'm hoping to get more Piasa NBWs out there eventually! I have a Piasa and a Tombac female which I'm trying to produce R&C pups from, got one Piasa so far being raised up for chasing :D

On the topic of chased wolf spotting though - my only recent find has been a markingless black female, but I still get excited finding a chased wolf cos I enjoy recording it as part of NBW encounter tracking. So even when it's not a great chased or not a chased at all I'm still like 'woo more data!'

Zodiakey

Posted 2021-08-11 09:22:05
I should receive a grulla baby soon that I am planning to breed for R&C grullas!
I actually am looking for a chased grulla myself,ย  but also really interested in a bronze.

It would be great if more of these would be on the market,ย  not just R&C wise!

๐ŸŒฟ ใ€Œ Robin ใ€

Posted 2021-08-11 09:22:24
@ Ivalo
You're right, it would be bad if this thread got another mod reminder. Too bad everyone is still ignoring that, though. :P

๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ„Faerie

Search Topic