Skip to main content
Main Content

Making Player Profiles Available to Non-Verified Players.

Making Player Profiles Available to Non-Verified Players.
Posted 2021-01-31 18:44:34 (edited)

Hello!

This suggestion likely sounds strange or is coming a bit out of nowhere, but there's actually a reason for it!

Recently a friend of mine ran into a situation while trying to join wolvden. I constantly talk about it and she's played Lioden before so she got rather excited about it. However, when she went to verify her account she realized she had used a wrong, non-existent email, meaning her account couldn't be verified. She emailed the staff, answered many questions, but hasn't received an answer, not to call out the staff. Obviously, wolvden's had quite a few things going on with custom decors, mod box tickets, and an upcoming event. So, no one can blame the staff. It's understandable they're busy!
However, when she tried to just rejoin with a new email she ran into an issue: She couldn't because both emails had the same IP. Since wolvden is one-account per person, this is a completely understandable feature and honestly shouldn't be removed! 
But for players who may run into this issue or have, it leaves them in a tight situation where they're unable to play and essentially have a nonexistent account. Initially, I recommended the mod box, but unverified users can't use that as well. This is also understandable as it prevents the mod box from being spammed by trolls, so again not something that should be removed. 

So, Instead of removing these essential features, what if instead, we made this problem an easy fix by opening the player's personal profile available to them? The reason I suggest this is that it allows you to change the email that is attached to the player's account. Along with this, when you change your email it will prompt you to re-verify your account. So, by allowing this for new players who run into this mistyping issue, it is an immediate fix. I can see this also benefitting the moderators as well since it removes another problem that you would typically have to consult about via email. Though it may be a rare situation, it is of course possible and likely to happen again. Now, I would like to mention that only their own profile would be available to them, and only their profile. Obviously, they wouldn't be able to friend people or interact with the site until they're verified, but I think having this small feature will help to make things easier.

I don't believe this will be incredibly difficult to code into the site (though I do apologize if I'm wrong) and I think it will benefit everyone! 

IronyTempest

Search Topic