Skip to main content
Main Content

Mobile version with simplified images

Mobile version with simplified images
Posted 2021-05-25 04:50:51

Hi devs!

I ignored the game's warning that it shouldn't be played using the mobile's network, and when I tested it it was, as announced, super heavy and traffic intensive.

So I thought it would be cool to make a mobile version? I understand it's a lot of work, but I really think it would fit the gameplay, as it would encourage people to log in for short durations in places where they may not have wifi or internet access.

All images on mobile could be smaller, since the screen is too, and the wolves portraits could be simplified to only show the base or something; the explore screen could only show one jpg (the same regardless of time and weather) instead of layered pngs, and the general background image could be removed, since I'm not sure you even see it on mobile? It would be slightly less pretty, so an option in the account could toggle it off so people have the hq version on mobile if they know they usually have wifi accessible.

It would require coding and re-exporting smaller images, but not necessarily drawing new ones.
Thank you for considering my suggestion!

(do other people want to play on mobile but can't because of this, or does everyone else have steady internet access and efficient batteries?)

Fal - semi hiatus

Posted 2021-05-25 09:45:45

I remember when I regularly played another similar browser game on my commute to work I had a browser that allowed me to block images from websites and that saved me a lot of data. I mostly navigated from memory since I really just used it for daily tasks that didn't require me to actually see any images. I know it isn't a permanent solution but hopefully it'll help you in this case.

I can't really speak from a mobile development perspective, but I can agree a toggle of sorts to enable a less image heavy website would be helpful.

Nei 🦀✨

Posted 2021-05-25 12:14:30

Uh, that's good to know, I'll look into it; thanks!

Fal - semi hiatus

Search Topic