Skip to main content
Main Content

Keep Lead Wolf Looks

Posted 2021-10-18 13:19:19
This is what I mean by you have to make choices. If you want a pretty wolf with a ton of breed-only markings, then you're going to have to make the choice of keeping them for their looks (your wants) vs having something the stud market deems valuable (other players' wants).

Why do we have to be limited by this though? I (genuinely) cannot play the game how I intend to because of such limitations. We, who breed for breed only markings and base - deserve a market where we can be rewarded for our efforts just as those who only restrict themselves to short gen or stat gain.

Being able to replace wolf looks isn't as great of an equalizer as it seems. It would actually cater more toward the market turning into a one-size-fits-all approach rather than niches. If you were able to keep the looks of a wolf, EVERY desirable stud would be T3 with breed-only marks, NBW, and most would have high-extremely high stats (as stats matter WAY more in Wolvden than they do Lioden).

If you really believe it will have that big of an impact, how about conditions where you can't surpass X amount of stats if you choose to keep&replace... some deterrent or I guess consequence for choosing to do so. I've not thought into this aspect too much, so I couldn't give specifics right now but the idea is there. Just, something to prevent *everyone* from doing the same thing, I suppose so you can't just magically... have it all. To be honest, the main aspect of this was for keeping looks time and time again, but have a lower gen.

There's no one "popular" style of playing. There's plenty of folks who have longer gen wolves for their stats, folks who have NBW wolves, and folks who have lower-gen but higher-stat wolves that sit somewhere in between.

Sure... having them is one thing, but there is undoubtedly a stigma against them and the market is beyond difficult due to this. We just want equal opportunity which isn't going to happen unless something is implemented. I've been here a short time but still enough time to know all of the craze is around the short gens & stats.

I really don't think the market would improve. Because at that point - what's stopping everyone from inbreeding their wolves and/or having higher generations? Nothing. So everyone would be doing it. They'd lose even more value.

I think it would. Stopping everyone from doing it? I think it would be fantastic if they did - it removes the stigma and gives them more use. People can sell them and make some profit for their efforts rather than them be sat on the sidelines of the TC for a week and not being snatched up then yeeted into the abyss

The T3 market has been stabilizing as more are bred and more go through the hands of R&C. I had a Mojave NBW that I couldn't sell at "normal" market prices - so I raffled her. Because NBW T3s are becoming less and less common (thanks to R&C and all the work they do), their prices are coming down. But rare wolves with no lineage IS something rare, and it's sought after. People pay what they think they're worth. And, frankly, what they can make back. It's not hard at all to make 300 GC back from a NBW via stud requests.

Rare wolves with low lineage should remain relatively rare, since you wouldn't be able to use this feature on all of your wolves, only your lead and even then not everyone wants to set their lead as a stud they may genuinely just use the replace looks because they want their main wolf to be cool looking and always there. Not for the stud purpose, but for the keepsake.

I have a NBW stud, and I paid a fortune and more ontop of that for his RMA adventure. I have not received even a quarter of what I paid on him because the price I would need to put him at, to gain it back - just does not bring in requests.

I'm also not sure if you meant becoming more and more common, rather than less and less - but if they are coming down in price, then maybe it wouldn't be such a tragic blow to the NBW economy if this does decide to become a wolvden feature. It would help if they are already losing value because it wouldn't feel as big a loss.

NBWs can reach 800-100 stats with a decent amount of effort from the owners. Some people who have more time to play and/or GC they are willing to spend on energy items will go higher. Just have a look at the leaderboards.

I suppose so, but again - thats reward for their effort ? and wolvden makes more money by them doing so lol. Not everyone will have the time to do that you're right but there'll be others that also won't care about trying to make a g1 stat monster and just want it for the clean shorter gen aspect, so I'm perhaps not as concerned as much as others over what big changes may come. I don't mean that with any lack of empathy to the fact, just I don't think it's as bad as the fear around it as I've experienced its existence on lioden and I feel so much more equality on there than here. I still... kind of feel like it would be more of an additional feature than a hindrance.

I don't wish to change your minds. If you don't agree with the suggestion then your opinion is completely valid and I respect it 100%, believe me. I just hope that the opposite view is also considered and if its such a no - go, any ideas on a good compromise?

Thank you <3
𝗟єx ᴠσ𝓻𝔱ϵx 🌀

Posted 2021-10-18 13:25:16
The only "solution" I can see would be the ability to make lead wolves immortal. It would allow folks to keep their leads forever with their looks without impacting the economy.

Azzy

Posted 2021-10-18 17:11:28
I agree with Azzy. I think it would be a better idea to loosen the restrictions on immortal wolves (allowing former leaders and dynasty wolves to be made immortal, lowering the cost, etc) so you can keep your favorites "alive" in that way. And overall I don't support this feature for reasons others have discussed.

That said, I figured I could throw another idea out there: what if keeping an old leader's looks meant the replacer would be made sterile and unable to ever breed again? (Because "the process is very hard on their body" or something) That way you can have them for lore purposes without crashing the stud or low-gen pup market, perhaps?

Fern

Posted 2021-10-19 11:57:20
There was already a similar suggestion on this located here
link

I do not support. I like that it's harder on here than on Lioden. Over there I use the replace but keep looks feature to wipe heritage on my inbred marking projects all the time, but this is a different game and meant to be more difficult. I have been raising and chasing T3 and nice marked wolves for a long time. Everyone has the choice to breed low gen marks, stats etc. One thing I love about Wolvden so much more than Lioden is the pair bonding. There is no reason one cant have low gen, rare marks, and high stats with different breeding pairs. Being able to make a gorgeous design and then wipe it's heritage free would just ruin the chased NBW market IMO.

Azzys post pretty much summed it up for me as well.
Snowcat13 🌞