Skip to main content
Main Content

1x1 Bleu and Angel [CLOSED]

Posted 2022-10-15 06:47:49
He smiled softly at the look on his face, he looked so peaceful. And Fable felt wanted for the first time in his life. He felt like if he were to disappear, at least someone would care enough to look for him. He grinned mischievously as Ques called him pretty again, pecking him on the lips. When the man sat up and caressed Fable's bottom lip, it was like he was frozen in place, stuck in this perfect moment.

He laughed as Quesnel brought up how Cerise would react if she were still here, "She'd probably be pretending to gag." He answered, grin widening slightly. His smile softened as the larger man moved closer, leaning his head on Fable's shoulder. He placed his hand on top of Ques's, leaning his head to rest on his. When his companion spoke again, his eyes widened in surprise. He... what? How is that possible?? He thought, frowning slightly. Could he say the same? Of course you can stupid, you just made out with him and wanted to do it again. Not only because it felt good, but because it meant you were touching him. He huffed internally, but that little voice was right.

"I think I like you too, Quesnel Beau Durant."

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-10-15 09:54:00 (edited)
"Or she'd be jealous we aren't giving her all of our attention," Quesnel muttered, a hint of a smile in his voice. She was probably off pouting somewhere, or finding herself something to eat. Quesnel let out a gentle sigh, feeling the ebb of anxiety ease off of his chest, leaving him feeling lighter than he had in years, as Fable leaned his head on his own.

"I think I like you too, Quesnel Beau Durant."

He smiled, snuggling his head closer to Fable's neck. "That's good," he mumbled drowsily. "I'd be worried if you didn't."

He turned his head slightly and yawned into Fable's shoulder. Sure, his back was starting to ache from hunching over like this, but he was still so incredibly comfortable. "You're warm," he said, sighing again. Like the gentle rays of the sun peeking through the treetop.

He fell silent, just listening to the fire crackle and pop, feeling at peace. "Fable?" he muttered after a moment, lifting his face from Fable's shoulder to look him in the eye, a smile still gracing his lips. "I have a favor to ask of you." He paused, biting his lip nervously.

〚 𝔟 𝔩 𝔢 𝔲 〛

Posted 2022-10-15 10:16:19
He nodded slightly, "Yeah.. probably." He muttered back, his eyelids fluttering with the weight of trying to stay awake. He blushed ever so slightly when Ques snuggled closer, too tired to hide it. He smiled when he heard him mumble, I'd be worried too.. He thought, letting out a sharp breath. He reached over and started playing with a strand of Quesnel's hair, wrapping it around his finger and holding it before unwrapping it again. He did this over and over until the piece of hair was curled slightly. "Here, come on. You can lay with me. That must be uncomfy."

He was about to rise from his seat when his companion spoke again, "Hm?" He looked at him when he spoke his name, head tilted slightly. "What's the favor?" He asked, his heart speeding up in fear. This is it.. this is the moment he asks me to stay away from him for the rest of the time he's alive. Because Gods know I'll live longer than him.. This is going to hurt.. He prepared for the blow, tensing up slightly but not enough to allude to the fact that he was terrified.

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-10-15 12:19:39 (edited)
Quesnel's expression looked stern, but his face still drooped sleepily. He placed his hands on either side of Fable's face, staring at him right in the eyes. He leaned close, brow furrowed in the most serious expression he could muster.

"I need you to stay here tomorrow," he said, leaning closer. "You aren't going to like this, but I need to claim what is rightfully mine from the king. And I don't want you to come along."

It wasn't that he didn't want Fable's help, he just couldn't stand the possibility of losing him. He had already almost lost his life once, and Quesnel didn't want to risk it. The thought of it twisted his stomach into painful knots. He squeezed the sides of Fable's face together.

"Don't try to argue with me, I've been thinking about this all day." He smiled, eyes crinkling, not unlike his mother's. "You can ask Cerise; I'm very stubborn. And," he said, tilting his head. "If you'd like, I could get you something from the marketplace."

He paused, bowing his head slightly. "Just, please. Stay here."

〚 𝔟 𝔩 𝔢 𝔲 〛

Posted 2022-10-16 12:09:52
He growled when he asked the favor, crossing his arms. "You can't leave me here!!" He complained, shaking his head. He had never seen Ques look this serious, even if he was tired, but he didn't care. He refused to be left out of this. Even if he was wounded, he could feel it already healing. Ah, the perks of super healing due to being inhuman.

Did Ques think he was weak? Did he think Fable couldn't handle himself? Just because he got stabbed once? He's killed so many people and animals. I'm not weak.. He stood up, balling his fists and clenching his teeth. He turned away from Quesnel so he couldn't see his face. He was conflicted, he had no reason to listen to him except due to his... possible feelings for the man.

When he heard the the tone of Ques's voice he turned around, running his fingers through his hair. He inhaled sharply, looking at the large man before him that had his head bowed. "...Fine." He was lying of course, but he knew it would make Quesnel feel better so he said it. The man wouldn't even realize he was following him until he jumped down when the king had the upper hand.

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-10-16 12:26:41
Quesnel let out an exasperated sigh as Fable stood, pushing himself off the ground as well. His vision blurred at the edges as he had a slight head rush, but he steadied himself with a stern expression. He crossed his arms as Fable turned away, attempting to push the anxiety bubbling up in his chest. Please, let him just agree, he silently pleaded, watching Fable with worried eyes.

When Fable turned around, Quesnel dropped his hands to his hips, shifting his weight to one leg. He let out a relieved sigh as Fable replied, "Fine."

"Thank you," he said, smiling. The worry about Fable's health was beginning to drain away as the sleepiness poured in once more. His bones felt so very heavy as if someone had tied bags of rocks to his limbs. He let out a yawn, stretching his arms, before covering his mouth with the back of his hand. "I think," he said as he yawned. "It's time for us to go to sleep, hm?" He rubbed his eyes, turning away from Fable and letting out a long whistle, unnaturally similar to an owl's, but not exactly. The night call he used for Cerise.

A moment later, she came lumbering out of the forest, rumbling in greeting. He smiled at her and hugged her neck, burying his face in her fur. "Sorry about that, Ceri," he mumbled, to which she huffed in response. He stood and scratched her ear, looking back to Fable. "I have a spare blanket you could use," he said, before smirking. "I'll have to wash the other one since you decided to bleed all over it."

〚 𝔟 𝔩 𝔢 𝔲 〛

Posted 2022-10-16 14:21:30
He nodded, now that the anger was gone, exhaustion was dripping into his body. He just wanted to curl up and bury his face in Ques's chest while sinking into a deep sleep. He didn't want to have to think about all of this. He didn't want Quesnel to waste his life going after the King because he lied to him about having whatever he needed. Fable took a deep breath, all of the tension leaking out of him at once. "Yeah, right.. Sleep." He yawned, stretching slightly.

He chuckled tiredly at the bear before turning his attention to Ques again, "Tch, right. Forgot about bleeding." He joked, smirking back at him. "Gods.. I'm really tired.." He said, another yawn wracking his body.

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-10-16 18:17:03
Quesnel rolled his eyes, smiling. "I'm surprised you didn't break your stitching earlier, taking down that buck," he said, kicking dirt over the fire. He'd rather not start a forest-wide panic tonight. He looked back at Fable, suddenly feeling quite awkward and out of place. Why was he so nervous all of a sudden? He cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his neck as he gave Fable a sheepish grin.

"Would, um... would you like me, uh," he stuttered. His hands felt all sweaty. "Would you like me to... carry you?" Eyes flying wide open, he waved his hands about violently. "You don't have to if you don't want to, I know you're perfectly capable of walking all on your own and all," he said in a single breath. "I just... you know what, never mind, stupid question." He brushed his hair out of his face, pulling on a couple of loose strands.

He noticed that Cerise was staring at him, bottom lip sticking out and eyes narrowed in judgment. He laughed nervously, shoving her face away, before staring at Fable. "Ha, Cerise, don't be weird," he said, being weird himself. She huffed and slapped his hand.

〚 𝔟 𝔩 𝔢 𝔲 〛

Posted 2022-10-16 20:10:52
When Ques asked him that he didnt even deign it with an answer, immediately crawling into his arms and curling up against his chest. He wiggled around a bit before getting comfortable, knowing the man wouldnt drop him even if he tried to make him. He grabbed a handful of his shirt, nuzzling his face into his companion's chest. "Warm.." He murmured, smiling softly. "So.. warm.." In moments, he was almost half asleep but it was very clear from his expression that he was comfortable.

He muttered in his sleep, but refused to let go of the shirt. Even his subconscious mind knew that if he let go, Ques would sleep somewhere else. And he wanted Quesnel to sleep with him.

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-10-17 08:09:41
Quesnel spluttered as Fable clutched onto his shirt, scooping him up in his arms. When Fable snuggled closer and started mumbling sleepily, Quesnel couldn't help but smile at him. Damn, why is he so adorable? he thought, being reminded fondly of a cat. He wondered if Fable would like to lay in the sunlight, and he chuckled softly at the image, before beginning to walk to the cave. Cerise lumbered after them, yawning as well. Even dire bears needed sleep!

He sat down on the bed, shifting Fable slightly to get comfortable. Leaning against the wall, he wrapped his arms around Fable and held him close, burying his face in his curly hair. He kissed the top of his head, before mumbling, "Goodnight, dear."

Leaning his head back against the wall, he drifted into a peaceful sleep and let out a sigh, his chest rising and falling slowly. One of his legs fell over to the side, hanging off the bed, but the other one remained bent, cradling Fable.

As Quesnel sunk into his dreams, Cerise crawled up onto the bed, laying down on his feet. She placed her head on his calf, letting out a gentle rumble as she shifted around, finally getting comfortable. She let out a heavy sigh and closed her eyes, the cave soon being filled with the sound of her gentle (yet rumbling) snores.

〚 𝔟 𝔩 𝔢 𝔲 〛

Search Topic