Skip to main content
Main Content

1x1 Bleu and Angel [CLOSED]

Posted 2022-10-14 08:59:57 (edited)
He scooted forwards towards the ladle, about to gulp the entire thing down. But he schooled it, taking a deep breath and leaning forwards to sip it. He slowly started drinking more, holding onto the bottom of the steaming ladle. He didnt make any sort of pained noise as his skin made contact with the hot metal. When he finished, he wiped his mouth and smiled up at Ques. "Its really good." He said with a soft smile, his stomach growling for more.

He wondered why his mother had never made him a meal like this, or taught him how to do it himself. True, she was off most of the time trying to provide for them with her... flings' gold. And that resulted in siblings beside him and his sister. He wondered if his dad was just another one of her jobs, If he was, good. I would hate to think she actually loved the bastard.. He thought, making a face as if he had just smelled something rotten.

"You're wondering why I usually only eat raw meat, arent you?" He asked, sitting down with his legs crossed. "I know that face, so you dont have to say you werent." He took a deep breath before letting out a puff of air. "My mother was usually off.. trying to provide for me and my sister. She never cooked for us, or taught us how to cook because she figured we'd never need it. That we'd always have each other." He choked up towards the end, a sorrowful look taking possession of his features. "She was wrong."

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-10-14 09:39:39
Quesnel smiled as Fable drank the entirety of the ladle-full, leaning back with a grin. "I'm glad you like it," he said, grabbing a bowl and filling it up, before handing it to Fable. "I'll make sure to leave some for seconds, if you want."

As he filled up a bowl for himself (and a significantly larger bowl for Cerise), he listened to Fable. Damn, am I really that obvious with my thoughts? he said, silently scolding himself. He needed to learn to be more subtle. He nodded, confirming that he was, indeed, wondering that, before looking up at Fable as he explained. He felt a stab of pity for the young man.

"I'm so sorry, Fable," he said softly, putting down his bowl. He got the sudden urge to do something he really wish he had thought more on. He reached over and grabbed Fable's hand, squeezing it gently. It was a simple gesture without any hidden motive behind it; he just wanted to make Fable feel better. He thought for a moment, still squeezing Fable's hand.

"I'll be here if you ever need to talk," he said gently, so soft it rumbled in his chest. "Or if you ever need a hug or a word of encouragement. I'll be right here."

Was that even true? What was he planning on doing once his mission was complete? What was his mission? To kill the king, he answered himself. That was the new objective, anyway. But what would happen after that? Would he just leave? What about Fable? Surely, Quesnel couldn't bring him along. He doubted Fable would enjoy that.

He stopped himself from going any further. He wasn't even sure if Fable truly liked him.

Stay focused, stay diligent, stay away, his father's words rang. He let out a soft sigh through his nose, before smiling up at Fable. Nothing's wrong.

〚 𝔟 𝔩 𝔢 𝔲 〛

Posted 2022-10-14 16:28:02
"It's really good." He reassured, squirming slightly on the ground. "Oh! Yes please." He said, licking his lips and smiling brightly. His mood was immediately brought down by the nod. He took the bowl and slowly started eating, though the taste made him want to do a happy dance. He shrugged, "It's fine. Not like it matters anymore, she's dead. And so is my sister." He answered, pushing all of his emotions down so he didn't look.. weak.

His cheeks turned bright red as Ques grabbed his hand, Fable seemed hesitant, but he didn't pull his hand away. He smiled softly, looking him in the eyes as he squeezed his hand back. Is this a trick? It couldn't be right...? No, it has to be.. why should he care about me? He frowned ever so slightly, Does.. he mean it? Or will he leave as soon as he possibly can? Could he trust him..? He chewed at his lip, extremely conflicted. Gods, I hate this feeling.. He continued eating with his other hand as he thought, but he didn't let go of Quesnel's hand. And he wouldn't, unless the man wanted him to.

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-10-14 17:50:35
Quesnel threw his head back and laughed, nudging Fable with his elbow in a joking manner. "I guess I oughta just make all your meals from here on, yeah?"

When Fable squeezed his hand back, Quesnel felt his heart do a flip in his chest. He averted his eyes, attempting to hide a smile. He startled, however, slightly squeezing Fable's hand harder involuntarily, as Cerise let out a sudden disgruntled snort. She was pouting again, remnants of her soup dribbling down her chin. She glared at Quesnel and Fable's interlocked hands. Quesnel sighed in exasperation and held out his hand to her, grinning. Immediately perking up, she placed her paw in his hand and huffed in thanks.

And now he had no hands to eat his soup with. He stared sadly at his bowl, which sat on the ground in front of him, looking rather smug at this moment. Reluctantly, he let go of Fable's hand and Cerise's paw, picking up his bowl and drinking it straight from the dish. He had to admit, this was quite possibly some of his best work yet, considering he barely had any of the proper ingredients.

After taking a long swig, he pulled his bowl away, sighing in contentment, before wiping his mouth. He tilted his head at Fable, grinning. "I don't mean to brag, but that was delicious," he said with a chuckle.

〚 𝔟 𝔩 𝔢 𝔲 〛

Posted 2022-10-14 19:08:37
His face went absolutely serious, "Yes." He answered, brows furrowed.

His hand squeezed harder in return, as if he were trying to win some sort of competition. He turned to look at Cerise as he finished up his soup, wiggling his eyebrows in a teasing gesture. He laughed as Ques held his hand out, and the bear put her paw in his. His smile softened as he watched the two for a moment, starting to wonder what it would be like to have every meal with them. Nope, nope, nope.. Don't get your hopes up, Fable. It'll mean heartbreak for you. He thought, taking a deep breath and pushing those unwanted thoughts away.

He watched in amusement as Quesnel looked down at his food, a sad look on his face. He had already finished his soup and was about to offer to feed him when the larger man let go of both Cerise and himself. He pouted slightly, but tried his best to hide it. Why did he care so much if Ques was holding his hand or not? It's not like the other cared that much about him.. He gave him a slight smile at that comment, "You really outdid yourself.. considering its my first time eating real food." He answered, nudging him playfully.

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-10-14 20:37:37
Quesnel reeled back from the sudden change in Fable's demeanor, before letting out a snorting laugh of surprise. "I'll try to remember that," he chuckled, covering his grin with the back of his hand.

He smiled wider as Fable nudged him, bending his head slightly. "Thank you, but I assure you, I've done a lot better," he chuckled sheepishly. "Especially when I have a proper kitchen and utensils." He glanced down at Fable's wounded side, his playful smile being replaced by a concerned frown as he remembered why Fable was even still here in the first place.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, turning his body towards him and leaning forward. "If it's starting to hurt again, I could give you another dose of sleeping herbs." He instinctively brushed his fingers over the raised wound, before pulling back quickly. Why did I just do that???? He blushed furiously, placing his hand on the ground beside him. "Sorry, I, uh, didn't mean to do that," he said, eyes wide.

Gods, how stupid could he possibly get?

〚 𝔟 𝔩 𝔢 𝔲 〛

Posted 2022-10-14 21:29:06
He frowned slightly at the man's grin but just huffed and raised an eyebrow. "You better," he answered, crossing his arms. "Better than this? I don't think there is such a thing, this is heavenly." He explained, waving his arms about. "There's no such thing as 'better' than this." He let out a huff, as if he were... pouting? But also not. He noticed the change in the mood immediately and looked over, "What? Is something wrong?" He asked, down where he was staring with a confused look on his face.

"I'm feeling fine." He grumbled, rolling his eyes slightly. "No, I don't need sleeping herbs." He was caught by surprise when Ques reached down and touched the wound, his cheeks turning a flaming red color. He looked up at him with his lips parted slightly, Oh gods.. I'm so far gone... He scooted closer, getting more and more flustered by the second before sidling up right against him. He looked up, reaching his hand up and touching Ques's cheek. Gods, I want to kiss him.. He thought, his heart racing as he tried to regulate himself. It was futile though.

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-10-14 21:51:12
His breath caught in his throat as Fable moved closer. He watched with wide eyes as Fable touched Quesnel's cheek, looking down bashfully. He reached up and grabbed his wrist, pulling it closer and turning his head so that Fable's palm was over his mouth. Quesnel closed his eyes at his touch, feeling quite calm, despite the thundering in his chest and ears.

Cerise let out another grumble, standing up and retreating into the forest, obviously annoyed by their constant displays of affection, huffing and snorting the whole way.

He smiled into Fable's hand at Cerise, before opening his eyes and staring down at him. He was addicted to his touch as if he couldn't go a day without holding his hand. He glanced at Fable's lips, getting the sudden urge to kiss them.

Ah, what the hell, why not?

Quesnel let go of Fable's wrist, instead cupping them around Fable's face, before leaning in and giving him a gentle kiss, smiling into it. There was that molten fire again, numbing his whole body and burning him up from the inside out. He pulled away, blushing. "Sorry," he mumbled, although he didn't feel an ounce of remorse. "You're just... really pretty." He kept his hands on Fable's face though, eyes crinkled as he smiled.

〚 𝔟 𝔩 𝔢 𝔲 〛

Posted 2022-10-14 22:02:25
Somehow, his cheeks turned an even brighter shade of red when Ques placed Fable's palm over his mouth. He didn't even notice Cerise getting up to leave, lost in the other man's eyes. His eyes widened when he kissed him, slowly kissing him back. He snorted, "You're not sorry, and neither am I." He said, though his voice was breathy, as if he had just run a mile. His eyes softened when Quesnel called him pretty, and pressed his lips against his once again. He almost pushed him backwards with the force of it as he tangled his fingers in the other man's hair. After about a minute he pulled away, breathing shallowly.

"Gods, Ques. You should really watch what you call me."

He grinned slightly, probably the first genuine smile he had given his companion since they met. Which was extremely rare, for Fable at least. He continued looking into Ques's eyes for a few minutes before pulling his hands away from his hair and sitting up. "Sorry." He said, but they both knew he wasn't.

𓆏 Angel 𓆏

Posted 2022-10-14 22:38:51
Quesnel chuckled, shrugging. "Guess you caught me," he mumbled, before being cut off as Fable kissed him again. He wrapped his arms around Fable, steadying himself and smiling against his lips. It felt like an eternity they were together, and yet, it ended way too soon. Fable pulled away, his breathing shallow. Quesnel sat for a moment, still smiling and his eyes closed.

"Gods, Ques. You should really watch what you call me."

Quesnel opened his eyes to a grinning Fable and couldn't help but smile even wider. "Well," he said, raising a brow mischievously as Fable untangled his fingers from Quesnel's hair. "I'm just stating the facts. I can't help that you are pretty." To be completely honest, he was hoping that would get Fable to kiss him again.

As he sat up, he brushed his thumb over Fable's lips, examining his features and smiling softly. How lovely, he thought to himself, sitting as still as could be. He wished this moment would last forever. He suddenly barked out a laugh, bending his head and leaning towards Fable. "Can you imagine the look on Cerise's face if she was still here?" he giggled, shifting his hand to Fable's shoulder to hold himself up.

It was getting late now; it was pretty obvious that Quesnel was getting tired. He felt woozy, but the good kind of woozy, like having your whole body stuffed with a cloud. He let out a sigh, scooting closer to Fable and resting his forehead on his shoulder, closing his eyes. His other hand dropped and rested on Fable's knee, the patches seeming to glow in the firelight.

Without opening his eyes, he sleepily murmured, "I think I like you, Blue-Eyes."

〚 𝔟 𝔩 𝔢 𝔲 〛

Search Topic