Skip to main content
Main Content

Event: Cataclysms

Posted 2024-08-02 12:51:21
For anyone trying to get items from multiple shops, utilize the first quest you do each day. It gives 50 reputation instead of 10.

Whirligig

Posted 2024-08-02 13:06:56
@HypnoBee I'm glad it's not just me. I've gone through several energy bars & only gained a total of 26  Cryptid Scales. I can't even complete the quests to gain them either because the kill ones just will not come up enough to complete & the rest is either supplies I don't have or a faction I didn't want to earn with.
Ironbeast

Posted 2024-08-02 13:18:38
Just as last year, the encounter rates and scale drops are abysmal. Can this PLEASE be adjusted?? I was sincerely hoping it'd be fixed this year :\
❀Moki❀

Posted 2024-08-02 13:37:51
I've gotten plenty of cryptic scales but it's probably because the independent cryptid's quests are easy. Right now I have 134 cryptid scales and I started with 39.

Artic

Posted 2024-08-02 13:50:42
I agree that scale drops are not the best, especially compared to other events. After two days of non-stop grinding I only have 291 - so only enough for one marking app. Compared to for example Springtide, where I could get a marking app a day with half as much grind.

Kill 3 x cryptids takes hours to do and it's a pity, i really wish the chances would get boosted at least in the cataclysm biomes...

canaridante

Posted 2024-08-02 13:59:21
im assuming that quests are supposed to be the main sorce of scales, its just really hard to do when we cant complete quests ;_;  if the chances of encountering things cant be bumped please let us accept more than 1 quest at a time! nothing like cancelling a battle quest only to have the next 3 cryptids want the same thing ;_;

HypnoBee

Posted 2024-08-02 14:46:24
I dont even know which set I want to try for :') I guess whatever happens happens AAA

Luyene

Posted 2024-08-02 15:12:19 (edited)
I always loved antlers on wolves, so I guess I'll be helping the independent!

🌙ʍօօռȶɦɛաօʟʄ🌙

Posted 2024-08-02 15:21:56
I feel like if the currency becomes more widely available, what's the point of doing quests for example where you give two healing salves? it wouldn't be worth it

Ninsun [🕯️Lights On 🎃]

Posted 2024-08-02 16:25:10
No one is asking for the currency to be widely available, just the rate to be bumped a little. I've managed to get 5 scales in 14 hours, which is pretty rough. I've already had to skip quests because encounter rates are in the gutter. That's on top of this being perhaps the most difficult event for casual and new players due to the high level of the cryptids and the resource cost of some of items quests ask for.

I had these same complaints last year. So did a ton of other people. And here we are again.
and last year I had a ton more free time to try and grind and it still sucked. This year I don't have that luxury. The effort, time, and cost spent on events has got to balance out decently and this is the one event that I strongly feel it doesn't. Springtide for example, at first seemed rough but it starts to balance itself out really nicely within a few days. All of the others that don't have those balancing mechanics have decent ratios for encounters and currency to make your time worth it, but not excessively easy.

I really really want to like this event! The art is simply fantastic and it could be a great deal of fun! But the heavy grind required and unbalanced rates makes it more frustrating than anything. that'll be my final comment since I've aired these grievances before.
❀Moki❀