Skip to main content
Main Content

Lunar Event #44! (September 20th - 26th, 2024)

Posted 2024-09-21 18:45:33
I guess I misinterpreted your original post because I thought the whole point you were trying to argue was that people do not value the new combo base.

Shun(The Hero WD Needed)

Posted 2024-09-21 19:08:33
I think something else to keep in mind is that this update isn't just combo bases/markings (though that is the new feature), but also the introduction of new marks on old colors and a re-release of the original base colors and markings.

And also remember the prices in the shop. 150 for each old marking set, 300 for each new marking set, and 500 for each base. Assuming 1-to-1 LE->LT, we get 125 a day. People who aren't sitting on the old apps and aren't willing to spend GC to get them from others have not had the time to get the 450 for the cheapest combo (old marking set for one color+new marking set for the other color) to get the apps themselves to make the combo possible. Looking up the markings introduced and we do have a good trickle already from players who had high LT rolls/had LT left over from other events!

Before

Posted 2024-09-21 19:11:12 (edited)
No worries! You bring up really good points too, that usually the applicators that are available in the shop now are cheaper anyways because supply gets a boost while demand probably stays the same. I looked just now and it seems like the selene and luna bases listed on the TC for BO did in fact get bought out!

If anything I wanted to see if it would cause people to rush rush rush and try to be the very First to get the combo base, which it seems like isn't particularly the case. It probably has to do with a few reasons that people have mentioned, with a main one being that you can't guarantee stud reqs are fulfilled at night. Oooh another example of the breeding rush that I just thought of was with the release of the sirenomelia mutation; for four days the chance of getting this was boosted so people wanted to try for that, which led to a lot of mass breeding.

Even if it's not immediate, maybe this will make me always keep a selene/luna pairbond on hand, even though Lunar bases aren't really my thing either. So it's definitely doing something!

Zea

Posted 2024-09-21 19:55:09
Wait... The new combo bases are going to be breed-only? Ew. Now there is no point to log in even during Lunar events... Why would you ruin them like that?

Snær

Posted 2024-09-21 20:02:11 (edited)
@Snær Just the new one, selunia, is breed only (combo) that you can get with Luna x selene.

They will probably come out with more combo and more "regular" bases too. Katze confirmed here that they will still be releasing the abyssal marking set!

Why do you think it ruins them? (Sorry I edited this post like 4 times in quick succession asdfkejcms I misunderstood you the first time and then wanted to add more things)

Zea

Posted 2024-09-21 20:46:51
There's still eye apps and not every new lunar base will be a combo one lol
Also they "ruined" it this way because it's what the majority of the player base wanted and voted for.

Shun(The Hero WD Needed)

Posted 2024-09-22 04:11:17 (edited)
Yes, so happy to see new lunar marking shapes. I hope some of the new combos can take inspiration from the lunar critters released last month. Like Luminaire Fisher has a Turquoise dilution/dusting on its back which goes into a nice red black. Dimidiata would be a cool Nightchill combo, it probably looks too much like piebald for it to happen, idk I can dream. I would love to see a Waxing Mink marking too, I like the crescent swoosh on its head.

I would like to see the markings for each applicator listed somewhere. I'm also not sure what will happen when more lunar markings get added, will there be a third marking applicator? I agree with some of the comments that it's maybe too late now but I think I would have liked it if the unfolded markings were added by way of crafting with or augmenting the first applicator. Like Applicator + Frozen Pearl = Unfolded Applicator or using a new lunar service to do this, in order to have an applicator with all of the markings. I think this would have increased the value of the original marking applicators and made it easier to keep track of all the markings released.

foehn

Posted 2024-09-22 08:36:10
I made a quick suggestion thread just for what you mentioned, @foehn. Basically: to either add the new markings to old apps, OR to list all available markings in given Applicator on its item Catalogue page, similar to the "Locations Found" table!

canaridante

Posted 2024-09-22 16:18:00
I wonder since the Total Eclipse eye apps were changed(?) to only be in the Lunar shop during total eclipse events, does the same apply to both Blue Moon eye apps and blue moon events? Or is total eclipse an exception?

🐾Alymiell🐾