Skip to main content
Main Content

Art Interest Check

Art Interest Check
Posted 4 days ago
Hullo there!
As the title says, I am looking for an art interest check.

Information --

Under the assumption that this gains enough interest, here is what I have laid out to keep in mind about what I will do:
-- There will be no YWH/YCH, as that would get way too complicated way too fast.
-- I will not be opening these very often, and only one or two slots would open at a time.
-- Would be feral/anthro only, I am not comfortable with human/humanoid characters.

Please let me know if you are interested! And if you are, let me know how much you think I should charge.
Thank you!

♰Spooky Vampire♰🦇L-On

Posted 4 days ago
Oh my god those are stunning!!! I would love art of my stud! As for payment hmm I would offer quite a bit… what about a base app or something?

Athena Lights On

Posted 4 days ago
Thank you! A base app does sound fair thinking about it, although I guess I should specify pricing based on the size if that makes sense, as I'm not sure if you mean base app for the headshot, bust, or fullbody. I can also do shading vs no shading (no shading is 1 and 2, light/lazy shading is 4, and fully shaded is 3), and I imagine that would affect price too? I'm so sorry I'm not sure T^T, I haven't done commissions in a long time.

♰Spooky Vampire♰🦇L-On

Posted 4 days ago
so this is how i price my art, i have a base price of 10gc and then add things ontop of that! and sizing also changes yeah

it also depends on the base app as well! some are worth a lot more than others so i assume they would go more for a bust-fullbody while a less sought after base might be a headshot-bust type of situation?

I also recommend having alternatives for your pricing. Not everyone has enough sc or gc and are instead item rich compared to currency rich!

Athena Lights On

Posted 4 days ago
That's fair! I forgot that some bases are lower in cost than others. I think that's actually kind of a good way to put it, cause some bases are more like 20-30GC, and others go as high as 60GC.
I like that idea, too. While I need currency the most, I can also take items like trophies, applicators, or maybe event decor/backgrounds for the headshots/busts. Would it be worth it to do art trades at all? I heard some people do them like that but I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not.

♰Spooky Vampire♰🦇L-On

Posted 4 days ago
hmm i think art trades are only worth it if you are actively looking for art of ur own characters and don't really have the funds! I like doing art trades when I'm usually trying to save money but I do think it is a viable option!

Yeah you can also structure ur payments for the art as half payment on acceptance and then half payment once ur finished with the drawing! It gives both the artist and the person commissioning the art a sense of safety.  It would also give them time to get the funds as well if they might not have it?

I do think that ur art is definitely good and people would def commission you! I usually start prices lower during the beginning and as demand grows, prices grow alongside it!

Athena Lights On

Posted 4 days ago
Ok, thank you so much! I'll keep that in mind but I don't think I will be doing many art trades. As for payment, I think that's an excellent idea!
Thank you so much for all the help! First, before making a move, I want to see if this gains any more interest, but if not I am still welcome to do something for you ^-^!

♰Spooky Vampire♰🦇L-On

Posted 4 days ago
No problem! I love helping people out and am always looking at new artists to commission stuff for, if u ever want an art trade this is my YCH Wolf Headshots and this is my human/humanoid commissions

and take your time! its usually the first commission that gets the ball rolling but that might not come for a bit which makes it agonizing, i know LOl

Athena Lights On

Search Topic